Boston silversmith and engraver.
Engraved John Franklin’s bookplate, the maps for James Alexander’s Bill in the Chancery of New-Jersey (New York, 1747), and probably Lewis Evans’s drawings for Franklin’s fireplace pamphlet. Moved to Philadelphia (c. 1754), where he engraved bookplates, the plates of the maps of Lewis Evans (1755) and Nicholas Scull (1759), Joshua Fisher’s Chart of the Delaware Bay, and the Penn coat of arms that first appeared in the masthead of the Pennsylvania Gazette (April 12, 1759). Probably engraved the seal for the Pennsylvania Hospital. Offered to do a mezzotint of Franklin (1758).