Schoolmaster and innkeeper.
Rector of Hopkins Grammar School at New Haven (1721-29). Later kept an inn. Owned the northeast corner of the present “Old Campus” of Yale and had his house and school at the corner of College and Elm Sts., where Battell Chapel now stands. Sold Franklin a New Haven lot, presumably for a printing house (1753).
Son of Samuel and Rebecca (Pardee) Mix of New Haven, Connecticut. Educated at Yale (B.A. 1720). Married Abigail Cutler (1728); eight children.