Immigrated from Whitechurch, Shropshire, to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania (1742). Served briefly at a church near the Delaware Water Gap but returned to Bethlehem to assist with relief work after the church was burned by Indians (1755). Ordained deacon (1756). Served churches in Jamaica (1759-65), Maryland (1765-72), and Dutchess County, New York (1772-74), as well as Indian missions in Connecticut and elsewhere. Died at Sichem, New York.