Scottish Presbyterian minister in Philadelphia.
Sent to Pennsylvania in 1763 as a missionary of the Anti-Burgher Associate Synod of Scotland. Moved to Philadelphia (1769), where his congregation built a church on Spruce Street (1771).
A decade later, he was involved in a controversy that split his congregation. Some denied him the pulpit, and others seceded with him and built a new Church on Walnut Street.